The purpose of BTEC Higher Nationals in Art and Design is to develop students as professional, self reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the creative industries sector and adapt to a constantly changing world.
The objectives of the BTEC Higher Nationals in Art and Design are as follows:
● To equip students with art and design skills, knowledge and the understanding necessary to achieve high performance in the global creative industries sector.
● To support students to develop their capacity for creative thinking and to recognise its value in the creative industries and beyond.
● To provide students with the skills to communicate their ideas and creative output through visual, written and oral presentation.
● To provide education and training for a range of careers in creative industries, including Graphic Design, Photography, Fashion, Textiles, Product Design, Interior Design, and Arts Practice.
● To provide students with an understanding of the way technologies are transforming the creative industries, and prepare them to work with these technologies.
|Viti I, Semestri I|
|Techniques and Processes|
|Principles of Drawing|
|Communication in Design and Art|
|Viti I, Semestri II|
|Materials and Structures|
|Viti II, Semestri III|
|Computer Aided Design|
|Pre Intermediate I|
|Viti II, Semestri IV|
|Applied Practice Collaborative Project|
|Advanced Interior Design Studies|
|3D Modelling &Rendering|
|Pre Intermediate II|
Graduates successfully completing the BTEC Higher National Certificate in Art and Design will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of the basic concepts of art and design. They will be able to communicate accurately and appropriately and they will have the qualities needed for employment that requires some degree of personal responsibility. They will have developed a range of transferable skills to ensure effective team working, independent initiatives, organisational competence and problem solving strategies. They will be adaptable and flexible in their approach to Art and Design, show resilience under pressure, and meet challenging targets within a given resource.
The normal minimum entry requirements for a candidate to be eligible for admission to the College’s courses are set out in the General Entry Requirements contained in the Prospectus. However, the absolute minimum criteria for a student to be admitted to this academic program, is that all students are expected to have successfully completed high school and have passed the national test (matura). In addition, in order to be enrolled in our program, all applicants are required to bring the following documents:
- Birth certificate
- Diploma and secondary school certificate
- Legalized documents issued by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology of the Republic of Kosovo for all those who have completed their education outside of the Republic of Kosovo
- Completing the application procedures at Universum College
- The contract of the study program if they meet eligibility criteria