Universum University College is aiming to establish a Quality Management Culture and introduce the ‘Management by Objectives’ practice. There are several levels at which regular quality control affects Universum Institute for Economic and Social Studies i) accreditation of UUC and programmes, ii) evaluation of the quality of education offered by UUC to its current students, iii) evaluation of curriculum and course syllabuses iv) interviews with focused groups composed of private businesses.
In order to monitor the Quality assurance within the institution, Universum University College established its Quality Assurance and Review Office (QARO) in September 2007. Our institution follows very closely the trends on new quality assurance tools and has dedicated a great deal of human and material resources in keeping a lively and dynamic Quality Assurance and Review Office (QARO), which reviews needs and suggests improvements on regular basis.
Internal Structure of Quality Assurance
Quality Assurance as an activity seeks to answer some very fundamental questions, such as how the Institute can be sure of (a) the standards of the degrees and other qualifications it awards and (b) the quality of the teaching and student support on its courses and programmes. There is therefore a very direct link to improving the student experience: the processes of assurance and review enable the Institute to have a clearer idea of its strengths and weaknesses so that it can celebrate the former and address the latter.
Recent activities of the Quality Assurance Office:
- Internal evaluation for winter and summer semester
- Evaluation of the Commission’s report regarding curriculum and syllabuses for winter and summer semester
- Evaluation of success achieved at the exams
- Preparation of questionnaires for full-time students (Bachelor program) and for the master’s degree
- Preparation of questionnaires for the academic staff
- Evaluation of questionnaires’ results for students
- Evaluation of questionnaires’ results for the academic staff
- Examination of Curriculum development council
- Evaluation of the students admission criteria’s
- Activity of the Commission for studying and curriculum evaluations (examination of the board’s report).
- Proposal of measures regarding the remarks and suggestions of the studies’ Board
- Completion of curriculum’s and syllabuses
- Program of Academic Council and fulfillment of the activity according to the Statute and regulations and, especially, the
- complete accomplishment of the process of quality assurance
- Development of teaching process and exams in accordance with the Universities calendar
- Evaluation of practical teaching’s flow, in accordance with curriculum’s
- Activity of the commission for the implementation of ECTS system